بیولوژی و حفاظت کوسه؛ ملزومات برای مربیان، دانش آموزان و علاقه مندان
قیمت 18,000 تومان
سال انتشار: 2020 | تعداد صفحات: 602 | حجم فایل: 112.14 مگابایت | زبان: انگلیسی
Shark Biology and Conservation: Essentials for Educators, Students, and Enthusiasts
Daniel C. Abel, R. Dean Grubbs
Johns Hopkins University Press
Feed your fascination with sharks! This complete resource enlightens readers on the biology, ecology, and behavior of sharks with approachable explanations and more than 250 stunning color illustrations.
Studies of shark biology have flourished over the last several decades. An explosion of new research methods is leading to a fascinating era of oceanic discovery. Shark Biology and Conservation is an up-to-date, comprehensive overview of the diversity, evolution, ecology, behavior, physiology, anatomy, and conservation of sharks. Written in a style that is detailed but not intimidating by world-renowned shark specialists Dan Abel and Dean Grubbs, it relays numerous stories and insights from their exciting experiences in the field. While explaining scientific concepts in terms that non-specialists and students can understand, Abel and Grubbs reveal secrets that will illuminate even the experts. The text provides readers with a robust and wide range of essential knowledge as it
• introduces emerging as well as traditional techniques for classifying sharks, understanding their behavior, and unraveling the mysteries of their evolution;
• draws on both established shark science and the latest breakthroughs in the field, from molecular approaches to tracking technologies;
• highlights the often-neglected yet fascinating subject of shark physiology, including heart function, sensory biology, digestion, metabolic performance, and reproduction;
• addresses big picture ecological questions like "Which habitats do sharks prefer?" and "Where do sharks migrate and for what purpose?";
• describes the astonishing diversity of sharks' adaptations to their environment;
• discusses which shark conservation techniques do and don't work; and
• comments on the use and misuse of science in the study of sharks.
Enhanced by hundreds of original color photographs and beautifully detailed line drawings, Shark Biology and Conservation will appeal to anyone who is spellbound by this wondrous, ecologically important, and threatened group, including marine biologists, wildlife educators, students, and shark enthusiasts.