Make toys that will be treasured for generations!
Wooden toys stand the test of time. They're played with, love and often go on to become treasured family heirlooms. Plus making toys is a great way to put to good use all those small offcuts of nicer wood you've been saving.
Making Classic Wooden Toys is filled with 21 projects selected from the archives of Popular Woodworking Magazine and American Woodworker. The toys inside hark back to a time of childhood wonder and fun. From tricky puzzles and clever gizmos to sports equipment and kid's furniture, you'll learn to make a wide array of gifts that any child is sure to love. Within these pages you'll find step-by-step instructions along with helpful photos and illustrations for:
• A variety of wooden puzzles
• Tabletop versions of games including hockey and foosball
• Fun furniture including a play table, a game table and a tractor-trailer toybox
• Popular lawn games including bocce and kubb
• Spinning tops, whistles and other classic toys
What better way to show your love for a child than with a handmade wooden toy that will be passed on for generations to come?