طراحی تونل زمین نرم
قیمت 16,000 تومان
سال انتشار: 2021 | تعداد صفحات: 582 | حجم فایل: 25.39 مگابایت | زبان: انگلیسی
Soft Ground Tunnel Design
Soft Ground Tunnel Design is a textbook that teaches the principles of tunnel and underground space design in soft ground. ‘Soft ground’ refers to soil, in contrast to rock. The book focuses on stability, prediction of ground movements and structural design of the lining. It shows that the choice of excavation and support methods depends on ground stability; limitation of damage to the existing built environment; and health, safety and environmental considerations.
Author Benoît Jones builds on the basic principles of soil-structure interaction, the three-dimensional effects of construction sequence and the effects of construction on other surface or subsurface structures in steps of gradually increasing complexity. The use of worked examples throughout, and example problems at the end of each chapter, gives the reader confidence to apply their knowledge.
Engineers and graduate students will be able to:
• Understand the complex soil-structure interaction around an advancing tunnel.
• Calculate heading stability.
• Understand the basis for choosing an underground construction method and/or ground improvement method.
• Design tunnel linings in soft ground using a variety of methods.
• Predict ground movements.
• Predict the effects of construction on the built environment and assess potential damage.
Benoît Jones has worked in tunnelling as a designer, contractor and academic for more than 20 years. He set up and ran the MSc Tunnelling and Underground Space course at the University of Warwick. He is now managing director of his own company, Inbye Engineering.