Make great photos of flowers, gardens, landscapes and the beautiful world around us!
Gardens are everywhere, all around us. In this long-awaited guide to garden and flower photography, noted photographer and author Harold Davis tackles the subject of garden photography with an expansive brush. In this book, you’ll find techniques ranging from photographing vast formal gardens to photographing flowers for transparency on a light box. You’ll learn about closeup photography and how to become a better landscape photographer.
Whether you’re photographing tiny flowers or grand landscapes, wandering outside in the garden or bringing the garden indoors, your photography will be enhanced using the many techniques in Creative Garden Photography. Garden photography includes a huge range of photographic styles and technical information that can be applied to almost any kind of photography. In this book, you will learn to use an incredible range of tools from one of the acknowledged modern masters of photography.
• Explore gardens, types of gardens, and how best to photograph them
• Learn about light, light direction and quality, and controlling light in your photography
• Work with your camera and tripod to achieve optimal focus
• Use creative exposures to make beautiful imagery
• Photograph flowers on a light box for transparency
• Learn techniques for creating impressionistic photos
• Master close-up focusing, depth of field, and focus stacking
• Explore complete exposure data and the story behind every photo
“My goal as a photography teacher and writer about photography is to inspire and to help you become the best and most creative photographer and image-maker that you can be.”
“Harold Davis’s ethereal floral arrangements have a purity and translucence that borders on the spiritual.”
—Popular Photography Magazine
“Harold Davis is a force of nature—a man of astonishing eclectic skills and accomplishments.”
“Harold Davis’s Creative Photography series is a great way to start a photography library.”