قیمت 16,000 تومان
سال انتشار: 2018 | تعداد صفحات: 899 | حجم فایل: 103.46 مگابایت | زبان: انگلیسی
Mechanics of Materials in SI Units, 10th Edition
Russell C. Hibbeler
For undergraduate Mechanics of Materials courses in Mechanical, Civil, and Aerospace Engineering departments.
Thorough coverage, a highly visual presentation, and increased problem solving from an author you trust.
Mechanics of Materials clearly and thoroughly presents the theory and supports the application of essential mechanics of materials principles. Professor Hibbeler’s concise writing style, countless examples, and stunning four-color photorealistic art program — all shaped by the comments and suggestions of hundreds of colleagues and students — help students visualize and master difficult concepts. The Tenth SI Edition retains the hallmark features synonymous with the Hibbeler franchise, but has been enhanced with the most current information, a fresh new layout, added problem solving, and increased flexibility in the way topics are covered in class.
ORGANIZATION AND SUPPORT
· Well-defined sections are part of each chapter and contain explanations of specific topics, illustrative example problems, and a set of homework problems. The topics within each section are placed into subgroups, defined by titles, which present a structured method for introducing each new definition or concept and making the book convenient for later reference and review.
· A full-page illustration begins each chapter and indicates a broad-range application of the chapter material.
· Chapter Objectives are then provided to give a general overview of the material that will be covered.
· Thorough End-of-Chapter Reviews include the Important Points, accompanied by relevant equations and art.
· Appendixes provide a source for review and a listing of tabular data. Appendix A covers information on the centroid and the moment of inertia of an area. Appendixes B and C list tabular data for structural shapes, and the deflection and slopes of various types of beams and shafts
· NEW! Approximately 20% of the problems have been newly added to this edition and involve applications to many different fields of engineering.
· UPDATED! Review problems have been updated and placed at the end of each chapter, so that instructors can assign them as additional preparation for exams.
· Procedures for Analysis, which is a unique feature found throughout the book, provides students with a logical and orderly method to follow when applying the theory.
· Examples are designed to help students who “learn by example.” Prof. Hibbeler illustrates the application of fundamental theory to practical engineering problems, and reflects the problem-solving strategies discussed in the associated Procedures for Analysis feature. All example problems are presented in a concise manner and in a style that is easy to understand.
·REVISED! Improved Preliminary and Fundamental Problems, located just after each group of example problems, now feature expanded solutions in the back of the book. They offer simple applications of the concepts covered in each section and, therefore, provide the chance to develop problem-solving skills before attempting the standard problems that follow. These problems are an excellent way to prepare for various engineering exams.
· The Important Points feature provides a summary of the most important concepts in a section.
· Conceptual Problems, located at the end of several chapters, encourage students to apply principles to real-world problems, as depicted in a photo.
· Homework Problems stimulate student interest by depicting realistic situations encountered in engineering practice.
· All problems use SI units
· Problems are typically arranged in order of increasing difficulty.
· Answers to all but every fourth problem are listed in the back of the book.
· NEW! A new layout, with additional design features, provides a convenient display of the material. Almost all topics are presented in a one- or two-page spread to minimize page turning.
· UPDATED! Enhanced or updated photos illustrate how engineering principles apply to real-world situations, and how materials behave under load.
· Photorealistic Art, in the form of 3D figures, is rendered with photographic quality.
· Illustrated figures connect to the 3D nature of engineering. Particular attention is given to providing an understandable view of any physical object, its dimensions, and vectors.
CURRENCY AND ACCURACY
· REVISED! Updated and re-written material throughout, enhances clarity and makes the text more current. Some of the artwork has also been enlarged and improved to support these changes.
o A rigorous Triple Accuracy Checking of the Ninth Edition has produced an even stronger Tenth Edition. In addition to the author’s review of all art pieces and pages, the text was checked by the following individuals: Scott Hendricks, Virginia Polytechnic University; Karim Nohra, University of South Florida; Kurt Norlin, Bittner Development Group; and Kai Beng Yap, Engineering Consultant. The SI edition was checked by three additional reviewers.