Completely updated with new content and full-color figures throughout, the second edition of this successful book continues to provide comprehensive coverage relating to pineapple breeding, production and yield. This second edition:
- Contains new chapters on organic production and production for other uses (fibre and ornamentals)
- Includes major updates to content on biotechnology, breeding, and variety improvements
- Explores physiological changes associated with the year-round growing of pineapple in addition to the associated cultural practices and mineral nutrition
- Considers the impact of climate change and environmental issues on pineapple crops, and relevant mitigation strategies
- Looks at the effect of new cultivars and new technologies on cultural practices
Written by an international team of recognized experts, this book is an essential resource for researchers, growers and all those involved in the pineapple industry.